Artifact 1: Parent and Family Involvement Plan

I created this Parent and Family Involvement Plan in my ELED 4430 class, Parent and Family Involvement ESL, during Spring Semester 2011.  This artifact provides evidence of Diversity (DM1), because it demonstrates an understanding of how I can use various standards in my classroom and relate them to the individual needs of the parents and students I will work with on a daily basis. For example, in this artifact, I show how I will have open communication with my students and their families no matter what their race, culture, or individual differences may be.  Communication with the students in my classroom as well as with their families will help to insure that each student is receiving the best education possible throughout the entire school year.

Parent and Family Involvement Plan
Standard I: Communication
Standard II: Parenting
Standard III:  Student Learning
Standard IV:  Volunteering
Standard V:  Decision Making and Advocacy
Standard VI:  Collaborating With Community